There are several factors to consider when choosing a Power of Attorney?
1. Do you trust them?
2. Do they have similar beliefs?
3. Does the person have the time to handle your affairs?
4. Is the person over the age of 18.
5. Is the person live close to you so they will be available?
6. Is the person have the mental capacity to help?
7. What is their work experience, organizational skills, etc-- are they qualified and/or will they work with professionals that will help them manage your assets and health care decisions?
8. How will this impact your relationship with other family members or the Power of Attorney's relationship with others in the family?
9. What is their financial situation? You don't want to put someone in temptations way to misuse your finances.
10. Will they emotionally be able to make the hard decisions regarding your health?