• With more than 6,000 lawyers in Missouri, why choose LAW IN KANSAS CITY?


  • Hometown service with big city results! Call 816-479-2700

    Law In Kansas City specialises in bankruptcy, divorce, traffic tickets, mediation, family law, probate and estate planning.

  • When life gets messy, it does not consult your checkbook. Payment plans are available. Our Attorneys Are Deeply Committed to Helping You Succeed. Call to schedule a free initial consultation.


experienced Traffic LAWYERs

A Better Law Firm for Your Traffic Related Legal Matters

Starting at just $75
(Plus fines and court costs.)

Call - 816-479-2700

Minor traffic tickets can affect your:

  • Ability to drive/ loss of driving privilege
  • Insurance rates
  • Employment

Seek legal counsel prior to pleading guilty and paying a fine on a ticket. Even a simple speeding ticket will add "points" to your driving record. A State Law Violation will result in 3 points on your license while a County or Municipal Violation will add 2 points. Simple violations such as not having your driver license or failure to stop at a stop sign will also add 2 points to your license on first offenses.

LOSS OF DRIVING PRIVILEGE: If you accumulate eight points in 18 months, your driving privilege will be suspended for 30 days if it is the first suspension, 60 days if it is the second suspension, and 90 days if it is the third suspension. If you accumulate 12 points in 12 months, 18 points in 24 months, or 24 points in 36 months, your driving privilege will be revoked for one year. Don't let your license slip away. Take action to protect your driving privilege.

UNDER 18: If you are under the age of 18, one ticket may impair your ability to drive. In order to graduate to an Intermediate License at age 16, the driver cannot have any alcohol related convictions in the last 12 months and no traffic convictions in the last 6 months. In order to graduate to an Under 21 Drivers License at age 18, you cannot have any alcohol related offenses or traffic convictions within the last 12 months. If you want to keep your license, you must hire an attorney to keep these tickets off your license.

CDL: If you have a Commercial Drivers License, simple things could cause you to be turned down for a CDL or disqualify your license. Violations such as coasting with gears disengaged, failure to keep right, not possessing license on demand, obstructing traffic, opening car door into traffic and many others could keep you from having a CDL license. Before you pay a fine, consult with an attorney. You could end up without a job if you do not protect your rights.

CALL US TODAY! 816-479-2700 - Most matters can be handled by email or over the phone. You may not even be required to come to Court. REASONABLE PRICES, helping you save your license and save money on your car insurance.

Traffic Court Locations & Info Per County & City

Jackson County Municipl Courts


Clay County Municipal Courts

Platte County Municipal Courts



Traffic Law Frequently Asked Questions:

- Can I beat a speeding ticket?




Can I beat a speeding ticket?

The real question you need to ask is can I get is dismissed, win at trial, or have it reduced to a no-point violation so it won't appear on your driving record. You will not be able to get a ticket dismissed most likely. You might be able to win at trial but it will cost you at least $500 to go to trial so this option is not really cost effective. So why hire an attorney? An attorney can reduce the ticket to a no-point speeding offense so it will not show up on your driving record. This will help keep your car insurance from going up and protect your driver's license. If you have too many points on your license, your license will be suspended.


Will my insurance go up if I get a speeding ticket?

The short answer is that your insurance will likely go up with points on your driver's license. You are more of a risk to insure. While there are many factors your insurance company will consider, speeding tickets are certainly considered.




How long do points stay on my record?

Points stay on your record for 18 months. This does not mean that the conviction will not be seen by your insurance company for much longer.





What happens if I do not show up to Court?

The Judge will issue a warrant for your arrest. You will also receive a Failure to Appear. When your license is suspended, you need to resolve the underlying ticket and reinstate your license. This takes time. All this time, you are not able to drive or risk additional files and court costs. Instead of looking at attorney fees, fines and courts costs of hundreds, you might have over a thousand in attorney fees, fines and court costs. If you are worried that you don't have the funds to pay your ticket, your attorney can continue the case to give you time to come up with funds. Some courts even give you time to pay.




Will I have to go to Court on my traffic ticket?

If you have a basic speeding ticket or another minor offense, your attorney will normally be able to appear on your behalf. If you have something more serious like an accident involved ticket, driving while suspended or DWI, you will likely need to appear at court.




Do I need a lawyer for my speeding ticket?

If you want to pay your ticket and have the points assessed against you, there is no need to hire an attorney. Many times you can go pay the ticket before a court date and not have to appear in court. However, if you do not want the points to appear on your record, most likely you will need to hire an attorney. Most prosecutors in Missouri will not speak with defendants.




What Courts does your law firm cover?

Clay, Clinton, Jackson, Platte County, and Ray County courts.
We will cover the City Courts in these Counties as well.




Can I be convicted of speeding when no speed limit is posted?

Absolutely! All Cities and Counties have speed limits in force even when they are not posted.




What happens if I already have points on my license? What if I did not show up for Court and points were assessed to me?

One thing people do not know is that if you had a ticket in the last year and were not represented by an attorney, we may be able to reopen the ticket and make this a no-point violation. If you have too many tickets on your license, we may be able to help your keep your license.




What if I received a ticket in another state? Will that appear on my Missouri driver's record?

Most states will report a ticket in their jurisdiction to Missouri. There are some City Courts that might not know their policy. You will receive points for a ticket in another State if they are reported to Missouri.




Is pulling up my car insurance on my phone sufficient to prove my insurance to an officer that stops me?

It appears that showing electronic proof of insurance will be sufficient for the officer. However, it is always a best practice to keep a paper copy in your car.


Communities Served

Law In Kansas City works with cases in thes communities listed below and we offer a  free 1 hour consultation on new cases.  Contact Law In Kansas City at 816-479-2700 free of charge for a legal consultation about your case.

Gladstone Missouri

Riverside Missouri

Liberty Missouri

North Kansas City Missouri

Smithville Missouri

Platte City Missouri

Independence Missouri


Call now to schedule a free consultation.

Law In Kansas City
721 NE 76th
Kansas City , MO 64118





    Thomas Peck
    It's tuff finding a good reasonably prices and reliable lawyer. For years I bounced around from lawyer to lawyer using different ones for different services. Eventually I stopped all of that and chose to use Law in Kansas City for all of my legal matters due to their reilabilty and professionalism. They are prompt at gettingback to me with any questions and always have amazing info on my subject. This law firm is very good, I own rental properties and need legal help quite often with tennants.
  • Josephine Flores
    Carrie Sue is a sweet heart! I have known her for over a decade and I recommend this firm to anyone needing their services. If you have questions they will answer them asap. Do yourself a favor, call Carrie Sue and her team, they will treat you right.
  • Pierre Carlson
    Law In Kansas City successfully got us through a very difficult bankruptcy / foreclosure situation having both lost our jobs due to down sizing. They were extremely knowledgeable, friendly. We could not have made it without them. We highly recommend carrie Sue and law in Kansas City.

DISCLAIMER: The use of the Internet for communications with the firm will not establish an attorney-client relationship and messages containing confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent.


721 NE 76th St.

Kansas City, Mo 64118


p. 816.479.2700

f. 816.479.2708

Email: carriesue@lawinkc.com


Monday: 8am to 5pm

Tuesday: 8am to 5pm

Wednesday: 8am to 5pm

Thursday: 8am to 5pm

Friday: 8am to5pm

Saturday: Closed

Sunday: Closed